FT | Rural Medical Practitioner | $183,680 - $265,627 | Katherine, NT
Health Careers & Opportunities in the Northern Territory
If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory. The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and urban tertiary care. Continued investments in Aboriginal health, remote health, acute care and community services offer many opportunities for health professionals who want to be part of making a difference.
Top End Health Service
Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $183,680 - $237,480) Comprising salary $159,442 - $206,545 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Senior Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $240,099 - $265,627) Comprising salary $215,025 - $239,920 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Jabiru Health Centre
Full Time – Fixed for 2 years
- Join a multidisciplinary team of committed Primary health care clinicians passionate about their work and making a difference
- Enriching and rewarding work with the Aboriginal Peoples of Jabiru and outstations in the heart of Kakadu National Park.
- Well remunerated with excellent work life balance including no on call work
- Supported by an administrative and leadership team in Darwin, weekly education meetings, twice yearly workshops and be part of a team of committed Primary health care clinicians passionate about their work and about making a difference
- Opportunities to practice and develop skills or qualifications in emergency medicine and public health, x-ray and ultrasound for remote practice
- Opportunity to be Darwin based providing FIFO services
- We strive to be a culturally safe service embracing diversity
The generous remuneration package includes: RMP Attraction Allowance** $39,540, RMP Retention Allowance** $39,540, Professional Training Allowance $13,182-19,770, up to $100,000 potential Medicare revenue activity incentive payment**, Hospital salary packaging $9, 010, Professional Development leave 2 weeks, 6 weeks recreation leave, leave loading, Superannuation and Senior RMP Allowance $26,361 where applicable. Resident doctors are eligible for Fares Out of Isolation. Relocation and Repatriation Reimbursement apply for resident doctors and may be negotiated for Darwin based FIFO.
Resident doctors are eligible for Fares Out of Isolation. Relocation and Repatriation Reimbursement apply for resident doctors and may be negotiated for Darwin based FIFO.
** Allowance reduces if Darwin based see NTPS medical Officer EBA 2018-2021 2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf">https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/699650/medical-officers-ntps2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf
Quote vacancy number: 1012
Closing date: 09/02/2022
Applicants should address the selection criteria and provide a current CV and contact details for 2 referees (preferably an email address). For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au
Information on the Northern Territory and its great lifestyle is available at www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au
Note: The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice / Ochre Card (application forms available from SAFE NT @ https://forms.pfes.nt.gov.au/safent) and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history.
Department of Health is a Smoke Free Workplace
Note: All NTPS employees are required to provide evidence of having completed two COVID-19 vaccinations or in certain circumstances a medical exemption.
Picture your life out here – www.OurLifeOutHere.nt.gov.au