FT | Chief Medical Officer | GP | Attractive salary circa $380,000 | Tennant Creek, NT
- Not to be missed full-time opportunity available for a Chief Medical Officer!
- Attractive salary circa $380,000 (negotiable based on skills and experience) PLUS an extensive range of benefits!
- Call Tennant Creek home for what we believe could be a period in your life you'll always remember and be proud of!
A bit about us
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Anyinginyi consists of four different sections (Health Centre, Corporate Services, Public Health Unit, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allows them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's vision is Aboriginal people in the Barkly region enjoy equity in health status with that of other Australian citizens. Anyinginyi's purpose is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services focusing on the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
Are you a Medical Officer who is wanting to make a difference and step up into a leadership role? AHAC are seeking a full-time Chief Medical Officer who is looking for a new challenge in this stunning Australian outback location helping us bring our vision to life.
How you'll make a difference
This rewarding opportunity will see you supervising a team of Medical Officers, performing clinical care and regularly travelling to meet various stakeholders. You will be responsible for the provision of expert best practice, contemporary medical advice and clinical leadership of the organisation. This requires the provision of strategic and clinical governance leadership to the organisation and the provision of senior advisory services to the Anyinginyi Board of Directors, CEO and other Executive Managers.
Some of your core duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensuring the delivery of medical services within allocated resources, activity targets and key performance indicators;
- Analysing health matters for reporting to internal and external and whole of government stakeholders;
- Supervising and supporting Anyinginyi's Medical Officers including the dentist position and any locum GP's; and
- Providing clinical care in conjunction with Aboriginal Health Workers, Registered Nurses and other health professionals
AHAC is looking for candidates who are fully accredited as a General Practitioner Registrar Supervisor and have current registration (or eligibility to register) with AHPRA as a Medical Officer in the specialty of General Practice.
A strong network of contacts and any prior experience within an Aboriginal Community as a General Practitioner will put you at a distinct advantage, as will any remote experience.
Please note: An Ochre Card (NT Working with Children) card is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
What you'll receive
This is a highly varied and interesting role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of Aboriginal people and experience real job satisfaction every day - don't miss out!
For your hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary circa $380,000 (negotiable based on skills and experience) PLUS super! You will also have access to a range of great benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,899.94;
- Up to 4 weeks study leave and $5000 pa for professional development opportunities;
- Annual performance bonus of $10,000 for the first year and $20,000 from second year onwards;
- FREE fully furnished accommodation;
- FREE utilities (power and gas);
- FREE Indemnity insurance (conditions apply);
- Up to $5,000 relocation assistance and $5,000 repatriation assistance (if applicable, for the right candidate);
- 6 weeks annual leave giving you plenty of time to explore the beautiful Barkly region;
- Vehicle provided for full work and private use (up to 2500km per year);
- Employee access to Anyinginyi Health Clinic;
- Free general medical;
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free personal medical prescriptions (conditions apply); and
- Twice a year FOIL of two days + $1000 per occasion ($2000 pa)
You will be joining a friendly and professional team where you will also be empowered to pursue your own personal and professional development!
Life in Tennant Creek & the Barkley Region!
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town, but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a CDU campus, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
There is plenty in the region that is sure to keep you occupied. For the thrill seekers, Tennant Creek is an adventure playground. Explore the trails around Davenport Range National Park in a 4WD or tackle the numerous walking tracks in the region. For full lifestyle immersion, set up camp on a cattle station, such as Banka Banka Station where travellers can have a steak on the barby and enjoy a cold beverage on the verandah of the historic mud brick homestead, the options are endless.
Please note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this role.
This opportunity won't last long - if you think you have what it takes - Apply now!