FT | On-call Duty Medical Officer | Darwin, Northern Territory
7 days left
If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory. The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and urban tertiary care. Continued investments in Aboriginal health, remote health, acute care and community services offer many opportunities for health professionals who want to be part of making a difference.
Top End Health Service
Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $184,508 - $238,552) Comprising salary $164,597 - $206,545 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Senior Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $240,099 - $265,627) Comprising salary $215,025 - $239,920 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Population and Primary Health Care Branch
Several fixed vacancies for 2 years
The generous remuneration package for this position includes the following: Professional Training Allowance $13,182 - $19,770, Professional Development leave 10 days, Sole Responsibility Allowance $36 per hour, Senior RMP Allowance $26,361 where applicable and Hospital salary packaging $9,010, Superannuation, shift penalties/leave loading and 6 weeks recreation leave if based in NT.
NTPS medical Officer EBA 2018-2021 https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/699650/medical-officers-ntps2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf
- An exciting opportunity exists to join our team of Rural Medical Practitioners that can be based in Darwin or Interstate.
- We provide an emergency call service to remote NT Health and ACCHO Clinics, pastoralists, research stations, very remote homelands and more
- Participate in the 24/7 on call roster
- Be enriched in rewarding work with Aboriginal Peoples
- Join a team of committed Primary Health Care clinicians passionate about their work and about making a difference
- Enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Be supported by the administrative and leadership team in Darwin inclusive of weekly education meetings.
Darwin based FIFO or Remote Community service available as part of contract for interstate DMOs
- We value delivering a culturally safe service, embracing diversity, supporting staff Wellbeing.
For further information please contact: Danielle Chen on 08 8922 7624 or DRMP.TEHS@nt.gov.au
Quote vacancy number: 3694
Closing date: 18/08/2022
Information for Applicants:
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume. For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au
Information on the Northern Territory and its great lifestyle is available at www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au
For immunisation requirements - Category A (direct contact with blood or body substances) or Category B (indirect contact with blood or body substances), check with contact person for requirements.
The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice / Ochre Card (application forms available from SAFE NT @ https://forms.pfes.nt.gov.au/safent) and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history.
Department of Health is a Smoke Free Workplace