FT VR | Exceptional GPs/Rural Generalists | Katherine NT Country lifestyle
- This is not just another GP job but a whole new lifestyle as a rural generalist
- You are either passionate about being a rural generalist or have aspirations to pick up the specialist skills necessary to be a rural generalist
- If you are a successful candidate, the cost of previewing the practice and your relocation costs when you join us are covered
- You’ll get to work in an ultra modern, busy, established and fully digitised GP practice that is specialising in patient-centred primary health care with full nursing, pathology and allied services onsite. All GPs working for us are rural generalists with at least one rural specialty
- There is no after hours or weekend work required but this can be negotiated if you want – the demand for services is there.
- We aren’t interested in a ‘churn and burn’ GP, this role is about quality, skill and satisfaction
- Katherine is the gateway to Katherine Gorge, Kakadu and Arnhem Land, Lorella Springs, Western Australia’s Top End and many other wilderness areas and is a fully serviced tourism mecca
- Check out our video: https://youtu.be/Nsb2eJLm6lo
Ever felt like it’s time to get away from the rat race and away from bulk billing pressures and doctor the way you have always wanted to – providing comprehensive patient-focussed primary health care to a full range of patients including those with chronic disease management needs? Either you already are and are passionate about being a rural generalist or you have aspirations to enhance your GP skills by becoming a rural generalist. What would it take for you to say - ENOUGH – and, to coin a phrase, move to a true county practice? One that is situated in one of the NT’s primary tourism meccas – Katherine - which is also close to Kakadu National Park and a range of top end tourist destinations- AND – we are only three hours’ drive or an hours’ flight from Darwin.
Join a team of highly skilled doctors, some of whom share their skills with the local hospital, in an ultra modern, fully digitised practice which also has full nursing, pathology and allied services onsite.
The practice’s ethos is comprehensive patient-centred, patient-driven primary health care – ensuring that any health issue, with the patient’s permission undergoes planned care to eliminate or reduce the impact of the issue. This ethos has resulted in a highly supportive, committed and collaborative culture – from reception through to all health provision – ensuring the best possible care – something that is recognised by patients and other health providers alike.
To work with us would extend you and would make you both proud and satisfied that you make a difference.
Relocation is stressful so we understand how much it takes to make a decision to move to a semi-remote town - so we are offering you the opportunity “to try before you buy”. If you are a “successful” applicant and reside in Australia, we will fly you up here to visit the practice, meet with the doctors and check out our beautiful town, and we will pay for your relocation to move and work here! You want to see a little bit more?
Then check out our video: https://youtu.be/Nsb2eJLm6lo
Because of our relationship with the local Hospital and other health providers in the region, you can choose to work full-time at the clinic or work out part-time arrangements with the Hospital that can provide you with additional generalist skill training opportunities.
We only want long-term doctors who are committed to continuity of care whilst being provided with learning opportunities including skin cancer and tropical medicine.
Our clinic operates five days a week with no night, weekend or on-call requirements.
Based on your skill level, we offer up to 65% of all billings. As our location is classified as MM6, doctors are entitled to rural incentives.
We are a learning organisation – committed to training medical students, supervising registrars and supporting CPD training. We believe in the future of rural medicine and being the premium rural service provider. You will also have the opportunity of a scholarship for post-graduate studies.
As a minimum, you are an Australian resident or resident-eligible, AHPRA and VR registered.
- “Try before you buy” opportunity to check out our practice, the team and the community
- No on-call, no nights, no weekends
- Relocation costs covered
- Great percentage split
- Very switched on and committed teammates
- Katherine maybe country but it is not lacking in services, facilities and amenities – hot springs, gyms, great restaurants, plenty of great coffee shops (including a pop-up café), night-time cruising restaurant, fishing, sports clubs, craft organisations, markets, fishing, supportive community, mountain bike trails – did we say fishing?
- You will have a full diary from Day 1
- Beautiful weather and THE most amazing sunrises and sunsets
- Halve your wardrobe – you’ll only ever need summer clothes
If all of this is resonating for you, then you owe it to yourself to at least explore it further so you can choose yes or no. As we say here – sitting on the fence just gives you barbed wire in your butt. Looking forward to hearing from you! Simply email Anj at email@example.com or call 08 7903 2100.
Apply for FT VR | Exceptional GPs/Rural Generalists | Katherine NT Country lifestyle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly