Rural Medical Practitioner | Attractive Renumeration package | DoH | Katherine
- Northern Territory Government
- RTF 226252
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, $200k - $349k
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
Health Careers & Opportunities in the Northern Territory
If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory. The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and urban tertiary care. Continued investments in Aboriginal health, remote health, acute care and community services offer many opportunities for health professionals who want to be part of making a difference.
Top End Health Service
Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $183,717 - $237,517)
Comprising salary $159,442 - $206,545 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Senior Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $240,099 - $265,627)
Comprising salary $215,025 - $239,920 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave
Jabiru Health Centre
Full Time from 29/03/2022 for 2 years
- An exciting opportunity exists to join our team of Rural Medical Practitioners
- You will enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- You will be enriched in the rewarding work with the Aboriginal Peoples of Jabiru and outstations in the heart of Kakadu National Park
- You will be well renumerated with excellent work life balance including no on call work
- Ability to drive in and out of the community in the dry season.
- We support utilising or developing skills in emergency medicine and public health including supporting attainment of Rural Generalist and Public Health qualifications, training in radiography and ultrasound for remote practice
- Join a team of committed Primary health care clinicians passionate about their work and about making a difference
- You will be supported by the administrative and leadership team in Darwin inclusive of weekly education meetings, twice yearly RMP workshops ( multidisciplinary)
- We strive to be a culturally safe service embracing diversity
The generous remuneration package for this position includes the following:
RMP Attraction Allowance** $39,540, RMP Retention Allowance** $39,540, Professional Training Allowance $13,182-19,770, up to $100,000 potential Medicare revenue activity incentive payment**, Hospital salary packaging $9, 010, Professional Development leave 2 weeks and Senior RMP Allowance $26,361 where applicable, Superannuation, leave loading and 6 weeks recreation leave.
Resident doctors are eligible for Fares Out of Isolation. Relocation and Repatriation Reimbursement apply for resident doctors and may be negotiated for Darwin based FIFO.
** Allowance reduces if Darwin based see NTPS medical Officer EBA 2018-2021 2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf">https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/699650/medical-officers-ntps2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf
Quote vacancy number: 1012
Closing date: 03/01/2022
Information for Applicants:
Applicants should address the selection criteria and provide a current CV and contact details for 2 referees (preferably an email address). For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au
Information on the Northern Territory and its great lifestyle is available at www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au
Note: The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice / Ochre Card (application forms available from SAFE NT @ https://forms.pfes.nt.gov.au/safent) and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history.
Department of Health is a Smoke Free Workplace
Note: All NTPS employees are required to provide evidence of having completed two COVID-19 vaccinations or in certain circumstances a medical exemption.
Picture your life out here – www.OurLifeOutHere.nt.gov.au
More search results
FT PT | VR GP | 70% gross billings | Flexible hou…
Clinical Trial Investigator | Kanwal, Central Coa…
Paratus Clinical Research
FT/PT | GP | Hinchinbrook/Hoxton Park | Partnersh…
Hoxton Park Medical Centre
FT PT | Emergency Department Consultant | Riverla…
FT or PT GP | Flexible working | Excellent Remune…
Narre Warren Medical Centre