FT | GP | Enjoy an attractive base salary circa $270,000 | Broome, WA
- Employment Office
- Broome, WA
- Enjoy an attractive base salary circa $270,000!
- GP / General Practitioner
- $200k - $349k
- Contract Type
- Join now and make a difference in rural and remote communities!
- Enjoy an attractive base salary circa $270,000 PLUS super and additional benefits!
- Additional benefits include relocation assistance, 6 weeks annual leave per year, salary packaging, provided accommodation when out in the community and much more!
About the Opportunity
Imagine yourself living in Broome and having the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team supporting the surrounding and remote Aboriginal communities. The mixture of clinical responsibilities with a supportive organisation in the iconic Kimberley will suit an experienced GP with an interest in chronic disease management, adolescent health, and remote community involvement. The variety this position offers is unique, with involvement across 5 remote and very remote clinics as well as headspace Broome.
Your core duties will include:
- Providing emergency assessment, stabilisation and care during hours, and on-call after-hours (where rostered). Liaising closely with the Royal Flying Doctor Service, Broome Hospital and or Emergency Telehealth Service for timely evacuation or more advanced care;
- Supporting active use of the electronic patient information and recall system MMEX to assist in the provision of prompted opportunistic care for all clients, ensuring widespread population screening, early detection, monitoring and appropriate management of chronic disease; and
- Working with colleagues and clients in a framework of cultural safety which respects local cultural beliefs and practices
For further information, you can access the position description here.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Eligible for registration in WA:
- Considerable demonstrated postgraduate experience
- Commitment to the philosophy and practice of Aboriginal Community Control
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as an effective member of a multidisciplinary health team
- Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
Desirable criteria includes:
- Previous experience in Aboriginal Community Controlled Health sector
- FRACGP, FACRRM or equivalent
- Current membership with ACCRM or RACGP
As part of this role, you will often travel by air in small planes and/or by road to visit neighbouring remote communities and experience parts of Australia that many never get the opportunity to see. You will need a current open Driver's License and be comfortable travelling under these conditions.
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS) is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. This is a highly attractive opportunity for people with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, to make a real difference in local communities.
For your hard work and dedication to this role, you will receive:
- An attractive base salary circa $270,000 PLUS super;
- Study leave;
- 2 weeks professional development leave;
- Provided accommodation when staying in community;
- Relocation assistance up to $5,000
- Salary packaging up to $30,000 per annum
- 6 weeks annual leave per year; and
- Annual airfares after 12 months of employment
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 34 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Kimberley Region
The Kimberley region is located in the northern part of Western Australia and covers about 421,000 square kilometres. The Kimberley has only three towns with a population of more than 2,000 (Broome, Derby and Kununurra), and the total population is around 37,000. In addition to the sealed Route 1 which runs along the southern part of the area, the unsealed Gibb River Road runs through the heart of the region from Derby to the highway near Kununurra. Access to much of the region is by dirt road, air or sea.
Industries in the region have included pearling (a big industry in Broome for many years until the 1940s), mining (including the Argyle Diamond mine, which began operation in 1983 and is still producing about 1/3 of the world's diamonds), agriculture (centred on the Ord River Irrigation Area near Lake Argyle) and tourism. The geology of the area is varied and fascinating, as well as producing some spectacular scenery.
Please note: There is another opportunity available for a General Practitioner with the Kimberley Renal Services, you can view this opportunity here.
More search results
FT PT | VR GP | 70% gross billings | Flexible hou…
Clinical Trial Investigator | Kanwal, Central Coa…
Paratus Clinical Research
FT/PT | GP | Hinchinbrook/Hoxton Park | Partnersh…
Hoxton Park Medical Centre
FT PT | Emergency Department Consultant | Riverla…
FT or PT GP | Flexible working | Excellent Remune…
Narre Warren Medical Centre