Rural Medical Practitioner | DoH | $182,890 - $265,627 | Darwin, NT
- NT Government Department of Health
- $182,890 - $265,627
- RTF 211536
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, 0 - $199k, $200k - $349k
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Clinic Type
Health Careers & Opportunities in the Northern Territory
If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory. The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and urban tertiary care. Continued investments in Aboriginal health, remote health, acute care and community services offer many opportunities for health professionals who want to be part of making a difference.
Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $182,890 - $236,445)
Comprising salary $159,442 - $206,545 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave. See below for details of additional generous allowance, payments and conditions.
Senior Rural Medical Practitioner (Remuneration Package Range $240,099 - $265,627) Comprising salary $215,025-$239,920 superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave. See below for details of additional generous allowance, payments and conditions.
Selection will be made at the RMP or SRMP level depending on the qualifications of the successful applicant.
Population and Primary Health Care Branch
Fixed for 2 years
The generous remuneration package for this position includes the following : RMP Attraction Allowance** $39,540, RMP Retention Allowance** $39,540, Professional Training Allowance $13,182-19,770, up to $100,000 potential Medicare revenue activity incentive payment**, Hospital salary packaging $9, 010, Professional Development leave 2 weeks and Senior RMP Allowance $26,361 where applicable, Superannuation, leave loading and 6 weeks recreation leave. Resident doctors are eligible for Fares Out of Isolation. Relocation and Repatriation Reimbursement apply for resident doctors and may be negotiated for Darwin based FIFO.
** allowance reduces if Darwin based see NTPS medical Officer EBA 2018-2021 https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/699650/medical-officers-ntps2018-2021-enterprise-agreement.pdf
- An exciting opportunity exists to join our team of Rural Medical Practitioners
- You will enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- You will be enriched in the rewarding work with the Aboriginal Peoples of Wadeye and region
- You will be well renumerated with excellent work life balance including no on call work
- You can enjoy flexible work arrangements. Options include job share, resident, Darwin based FIFO, interstate based FIFO
- Ability to drive in and out of the community in the dry season and daily flights via Murin Air twice daily.
- We support utilising or developing skills in emergency medicine and public health including supporting attainment of Rural Generalist and Public Health qualifications, training in radiography and ultrasound for remote practice
- Join a team of committed Primary Health Care clinicians passionate about their work and about making a difference
- You will be supported by the administrative and leadership team in Darwin inclusive of weekly education meetings, twice yearly RMP workshops ( multidisciplinary)
- We strive to be a culturally safe service embracing diversity
For further information please contact Dr Dana Fitzsimmons or
Quote vacancy number: 977
Closing date: 03/06/2021
Applications should address the Selection Criteria. For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au
Picture your life out here – www.OurLifeOutHere.nt.gov.au
Information on the Northern Territory and its great lifestyle is available at www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au
Note: The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice / Ochre Card (application forms available from SAFE NT @ https://forms.pfes.nt.gov.au/safent) and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history.
More search results
GP Locum Start 14/6/21 - DPA | $1500/day + flight…
GPs required | High patient demand at beachside c…
Kingston Family Clinic
FT and after hours/weekend GPs | High patient vol…
PT FT| Unrestricted GPs| Busy mixed billing clini…
Advocate Medical Group
PT | Unrestricted VR GP | Replace retired doctor|…
Advocate Medical Group