St Helens – GP VMO | $400K – $450K package | DPA - MMM5 and RA3
- Ochre Health
- St Helens, Tasmania
- $400K-450K p.a.
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, $350k +, Includes travel & accommodation
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Clinic Type
- Mixed Billing
- VR / Non-VR
- DPA / Non-DPA
We are looking for an experienced and qualified GP VMO to provide GP services to the larger St Helens region.
Our newly built, centrally located medical centre in St Helens boasts 6 spacious consult rooms, a well-equipped treatment room, 2 allied health rooms, ample on-site parking, and an excellent support team including CDM trained nurses.
As the only practice in St Helens, there are excellent billing prospects. The practice also provides on-call VMO support to the local St Helens District Hospital.
Located on the East Coast of Tasmania, St Helens is one of Tasmania’s premier tourist destinations. The largest town on the East Coast, St Helens is also the state’s second largest fishing port – there are few better places to sample the abundance of amazing fresh seafood than the local eateries or harbourside fishing punts.
The ocean provides a focal point for leisure activities in the region. Dotted up and down the coast are excellent spots for sailing, surfing, swimming, whale-watching, or just enjoying the laid-back coastal ambience. Visitors enjoy exploring Georges Bay with its white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, kelp forests, underwater caves, and vibrant marine life. The town is also close to the famous Bay of Fires, a renowned Tasmanian holiday destination which was listed as one of the top 10 destinations in the world by Lonely Planet.
The town itself is a hub for the greater region, ensuring a comprehensive coverage of services including several great school options, and a wide range of shops, eateries and entertainment venues.
- $400K – $450k package (including accommodation, car and relocation assistance)
- Procedural, GPRIPS, and CPD grants
- Hospital VMO on-call roster 1:4
- A location eligible for RVTS
- Ochre sponsored ACRRM Independent Pathway
- St Helens is classified as an MMM5 and RA3 location
- Flexible work arrangements with optional remote telehealth component
- Comprehensive clinical protocols and internal supply network for all necessary PPE and other equipment
- The practice has a DPA status
- 30% reduction in moratorium
- General Registration or above with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.) and recent GP/VMO experience
To apply for this position or to discuss other opportunities with Ochre Health, please contact our national recruitment team on:
More search results
GP Locum Start 14/6/21 - DPA | $1500/day + flight…
GPs required | High patient demand at beachside c…
Kingston Family Clinic
FT and after hours/weekend GPs | High patient vol…
PT FT| Unrestricted GPs| Busy mixed billing clini…
Advocate Medical Group
PT | Unrestricted VR GP | Replace retired doctor|…
Advocate Medical Group