Senior Consultant Rural Generalist (Critical Care)| $305-$320K package
- Port Augusta, SA 5700
- $305-$320K package 1.0FTE
- Medical Specialist (Non-GP)
- $200k - $349k, $350k +
- Contract Type
- Locum Contract, Fixed Contract
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Clinic Type
- Community Health Services
Rural Generalists keep the heart of Australia beating.
Do you want to practice medicine that matters? Use your skills to their greatest scope to impact generations of Australians who need your support?
About the RFDS (Central Operations)
We are leaders in providing aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural and regional locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. As we head toward our 100th year of providing services, we are focused on becoming more specialised, more innovative and a better-connected health service provider.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service, Central Operations (SA/NT) seeks passionate and innovative medical leaders to drive the future of rural and remote health in Australia, based in Port Augusta.
When health and wellbeing fails beyond city limits, the impacts are far-reaching.
As a go-to specialist in rural health care, you will be challenged to:
- Use your expertise to manage a wide and dynamic range of health needs.
- Thrive with a workload that lets you shine, rather than burns you out.
- Apply your energy, expertise and initiative to an adaptable work environment that provides unique challenges every day.
- Invest in and benefit from being a central part of your local community, bridging the gap for rural and indigenous Australians.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Advanced independent critical care skills including intubation, ventilation and ionotrope management (JCCA, AST ED or equivalent experience).
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current Fellowship with one or more of the following:
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practice (RACGP)
- Australian College of Emergency Medicine
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetist (ANZCA)
- College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand
Travel and accommodation packages available to assist with relocation to Port Augusta. We also offer attractive remuneration including salary packaging benefits.
You’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our organisation to remain at the forefront of rural and remote health care delivery and advocacy. Importantly, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
For a confidential discussion please call: Dr Chris Buck, Clinical Director, Retrieval Services on 0459037122
Please note, we reserve the right to appoint to the position before the published closing date. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application as early as possible.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
PT or FT GP | GP owned with a lovely patient base…
Mt Martha Village Clinic
Non VR/VR - Salaried GP - Flexibility – Port Macq…
PT| Medical Director| Attractive remuneration | N…
The University of Newcastle
VR GP - F/T - Flexible schedule - 75% plus min gu…
Grace Medical Care
Urgent FT/PT VR/ Non-VR GP | High % billings, neg…
Acacia Ridge Doctors