Senior Medical Staff | Portland District Health ED | Earn $5,175 wk + annual leave loading + super
- Portland District Health
- Portland, Victoria
- $5,175 per week, annual leave loading (17.5%)
- Medical Officer
- Per annum, $200k - $349k, Contract Day Rates, $1,000 - $1,999
- Contract Type
- Clinic Type
Seeking a Sea Change, Trek the Great South West Walk, Bridgewater Bay's rugged coastline, have lunch overlooking the ocean, or enjoy Water-skiing the fresh water lakes or surfing many famous surf beaches throughout Portland coast line.
Join the ‘Young Professionals’ for networking opportunities as well as sport, adventure & social activities. Portland an ideal place to work, live and raise a family, with a choice of private and public primary and secondary schools and South West TAFE.
Portland District Health ED is busy and has varied presentations and managed near 10,000 presentations in 2020 financial year.
Portland District Health (PDH) has 69 registered inpatient beds with a 24 hour, seven day a week ED. There are two operating theatres (averaging 8 elective lists per week), with an 8-bed Day Procedure Unit. PDH also provides oncology/haematology, dialysis and multiple other specialist services. Inpatient services is available for general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, dialysis, chemotherapy, palliative care and transition care services.
Elective surgery services incudes orthopaedics, general, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, plastics, urology, gynaecology, MaxFax, ENT, etc. There are on-site radiology, pathology and pharmacy services.
There is a 30 bed aged care facility and a GP super-clinic attached to the hospital, with a comprehensive range of primary health, community and home care services.
The ideal applicant will be someone with a proven and demonstrable ability:
- Competence and capability in rural hospital based practice of emergency medicine
- Ability to provide leadership in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in education and training of medical staff and medical students.
- High level of communication skills in clinical practice
- Commitment to improving standards and patient safety within the hospital and community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of care to inpatients and those in Emergency Department
- Availability to work shifts in accordance with the unit roster, (may include participation in an on-call roster).
- Advanced Skills in Emergency/Obstetrics/Anaesthetics desirable
- Hold a FACRRM or FRACGP or training towards
- Qualified as a medical practitioner, qualifications in speciality areas and current registration and/or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
What's on offer?
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with successful applicants. This may/could comprise of a base salary of around $5175 per week, annual leave loading (17.5%), Overtime and on-call allowances (paid by exception), employer contribution to superannuation (9.5%), Professional development allowance & other leave types all as per EBA entitlements.
(Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.)
Additional employment benefits offered may include: relocation and accommodation assistance, on-call, shift and locality allowances, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs, the employee assistance program, salary packaging (tax free money) and salary sacrificing options.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Kaushik Banerjea (EDMS) on 03 55210370 or email: email@example.com
More search results
FT GP | Inherit a large patient base | Integrated…
FT/PT GPs | Popular family practice | Mixed billi…
FT PT GP | Private billing | Fantastic remunerati…
Lime Medical Clinic
VR GP | Family-Owned Medical Practice | Private /…
Kedron Wavell Medical Centre
VR GP | Takeover Existing Patient Base | High % w…
North Coburg Medical Centre