EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT Consultant | PT FT & Casual Positions | $497,484- $553,139 pa (pro rata)
- SA Health
- Riverland General Hospital Emergency Dept, Berri
- $497,484- $553,139 pa (pro rata) - MD2
- Medical Specialist (Non-GP)
- Per annum, $350k +
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Fixed Contract
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Clinic Type
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network: Riverland General Hospital Emergency Department, Berri
- Multiple Full Time, Part Time and Casual Positions Available - Various Hours
- Total Indicative Remuneration: $497,484- $553,139 pa (pro rata) - MD2
The Riverland General Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in rural South Australia and has been identified as one of the four general hospitals to provide treatment for Country people closer to home. It is committed to maintaining and improving the health and well-being of the people of South Australia.
Riverland General Hospital provides a comprehensive range of high quality and accessible hospital services to the Riverland region. Its contemporary Emergency Department was built in 2014 during the redevelopment of the Riverland General Hospital.
The Riverland General Hospital is located near the Murray River, surrounded by National Parks and nearby Lake Bonney for water sports. It is surrounded by four other towns each with their own hospital. The city of Berri offers a high level of services and facilities for both families and individuals. This includes a vast array of sporting and recreational facilities, sightseeing, Tertiary Education Campuses, Primary and Secondary Schools.
The Riverland region is also renown for its diversity and multi-cultural communities.
The ED Consultant will:
- Provide clinical services of the highest possible standard in the Emergency department.
- Required to work with limited or no direction or supervision and to exercise a high degree of professional judgement and clinical competence in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Responsible for the overall smooth day to day management of the clinical floor.
- Responding to hospital MET/Code Blue/Code Black calls as required by allocation on shift.
- Provide supervision, training and direction to more junior staff as required.
- Participate in teaching and quality assurance activities, and undertake health promotion and community education activities
Essential Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent. Appropriate Specialist Qualifications and registrable with the Medical Board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner with Specialist registration; or another qualification as defined in the SA Medical Officers Award.
- At least five years relevant experience employed in a medical position in a community health centre, a primary care unit within a hospital or an emergency department of a general hospital
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- At least five years relevant experience employed in a medical position in a community health centre, a primary care unit within a hospital or an emergency department of a general hospital.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in management of medical and surgical emergencies, including application of Advanced Life Support management principles as a team leader.
- Proven experience in delivering high quality and safe care consistent with the National Safety and Quality Health Care Service Standards. (Mandatory for all clinical positions.)
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA). Job Ref:748536
Applications close: 26 February 2021
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careersand search for Job Ref: 748536
More search results
FT/ PT VR GP | Replacement DPA | Flexible Hours w…
Lakeside Medical Clinic
FT/PT VR GP | Flexible working | GP owned practic…
Senior Medical Staff | Portland District Health E…
Portland District Health
Surry Hills | VR GP | Part-Time or Full-Time | Pr…
Crown St Medical Centre
FT GPs required | High patient volume at popular …