- Therapeutic Goods Administration, Department of Health
- Symonston ACT, Parramatta NSW, Melbourne, Brisbane
- Medical Officer
- Per annum, 0 - $199k
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Fixed Contract
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Clinic Type
- Government Institution
About the Health Products Regulation Group
Regulation that protects and enhances the health and safety of the community is a major component of a high quality health system. The Health Products Regulation Group supports timely access to products that will help achieve better health and wellbeing, whilst checking that these products do not themselves put Australians' health and safety at risk. We achieve this through regulation of therapeutic goods and certain controlled drugs and drug substances. This applies to all such goods exported, imported, supplied and manufactured in Australia.
MO3 Medical Advisers – (several positions) (Ongoing, Non-ongoing, Fulltime, Part-Time)
MO3 Medical Advisers provide leadership and strategic level expertise in the assessment of clinical evidence, clinical trial and registry data, and safety information, to provide timely and high quality clinical advice in regard to pre and post-market review of medical devices.
The Medical Devices Authorisation Branch contributes to the vision of the Health Products Regulation Group (HPRG) and wider Department ‘Better health and wellbeing for all Australian’s through regulatory excellence’. We apply a risk-based approach to the assessment and approval of medical devices for supply in Australia to ensure these devices meet Australian regulatory requirements. The assessment of the quality, safety and performance of medical devices including in vitro medical devices protects the health and safety of the Australian consumers.
Duties within these positions are not limited to, but may include:
- Under guidance provide expert clinical advice on complex and sensitive matters associated with the regulation of medical devices throughout their lifecycle
- Support more senior advisers to educate inter- and intra-departmental, community, health groups and industry stakeholders to support implementation of regulatory and/or compliance requirements
- Support the Department in engaging with key external stakeholder groups including sponsors and overseas regulators
- Under guidance contribute to the development and revision of technical and administrative procedures and documentation within the Branch and Group as a whole, including contributing to new policy and work process reforms and on the adoption of regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and diverse workplace culture in line with the APS Code of Conduct and iCare Values.
Please note, these vacancies will be open for applications until Monday 11 January 2021 and interviews will be held in early 2021.
We seek people with a wide variety of skills and competencies, and look for applicants who demonstrate they will strive to support the behaviours we seek to foster in our workforce. We are an inclusive employer and promote, value and support diversity among our employees with the aim of ensuring our workforce reflects, respects and benefits from diverse communities including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQI+ and people with disability.
To be eligible for employment with the Department of Health applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
An applicant’s suitability for employment with Health will also be assessed through a variety of pre-employment check processes, such as:
- Satisfactory completion of an Australian Federal Police criminal history check, and where relevant a Working with Children and Vulnerable People Check.
- Completion of a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
- For these roles applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance, or hold a current security clearance of an appropriate level.
- To be eligible for these roles applicants must hold qualification as a medical practitioner and registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
For further enquiries about these vacancies please contact Grace Bitodi, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 029431 2540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar searches: New South Wales, Per annum, Permanent, Full-Time, 0 - $199k, Part-Time, Fixed Contract, Government Institution, Sydney - West, Medical Officer, Victoria, Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs, Queensland, Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs, Canberra & ACT
More search results
FT/ PT VR GP - Flexible Roster - Harrington Park …
Harrington Park Medical Practice
Great GP Wanted!! Beaumaris Medical Centre seekin…
Beaumaris Medical Centre
Brewarinna, NSW - GP VMO | DPA | Are you a differ…
Lightning Ridge, NSW - GP VMO | DPA | Are you a d…
Walgett, NSW - GP VMO | Are you a difference-make…