Scottsdale - Lead GP | $300K - $400K p.a. / $1,020 daily on-call VMO rate
- Ochre Health
- Scottsdale, TAS
- $300K – $400K p.a.
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, $350k +
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Clinic Type
- Mixed Billing
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural General Practitioner to become the Medical Coordinator at our expanding practice in Scottsdale. Our well-equipped, purpose-built facility boasts eight consulting rooms, a three-bay treatment room, a procedure room and on-site pathology. The medical centre is an AGPAL accredited practice.
Ochre Health Medical Centre Scottsdale works cooperatively with our satellite medical centre in the nearby coastal town of Bridport. GPs at the practice also provide VMO support to the adjacent Scottsdale Hospital.
The Scottsdale Hospital has 19 acute care beds, an Outpatient and Emergency Service, physiotherapy, radiology and visiting services. The hospital also includes the James Scott Wing Nursing Home with 30 residential aged care beds.
- Be a senior clinical leader and take ownership of clinical governance
- Conducting clinical audits
- Involvement in new doctor induction program
- Delivery of better health outcomes for the community
- Mentoring and supervision of registrars and medical students
- Leading by example in supporting preventative health initiatives, CDM and health innovations and ensuring the overall quality of healthcare in the practice
- Exceptional earning potential $300K - $400K a year
- $1,020 daily on-call VMO rate
- Medical coordination payment 15k a year
- Conference attendance fund 5k a year
- Supervising payments available
- Annual Retention Payment/Incentive
- Car, accommodation, and relocation assistance provided
- Just an hour's drive from Launceston, Scottsdale is a picturesque town located amidst rolling green hills and rich pasture land.
- Close to local wineries, Scottsdale is the quintessential Tasmanian farming town, located in the island's verdant North East. With fertile soil and a mild climate, the region's main industries are pine plantation logging, dairy and potato farming.
- Scottsdale is home to 2,500 people and, as the main population centre in the region, it has a wide range of shops and services, as well as highly regarded schools.
- Scottsdale and the surrounding area offer many world class attractions and a rich diversity of things to see and do. A short drive from Scottsdale is Blue Derby, Tasmania's world-renowned mountain biking park located in temperate rainforest. The 100km network of Blue Derby Trails encompass some of the most stunning landscapes in the state.
- The nearby coastal town of Bridport is home to Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm Golf Courses, both ranked in the world's top 25 by Golf Digest magazine, with the Dunes course ahead of the iconic Pebble Beach course in California and Kingston Heath in Melbourne. Ruthless marram grass, wide open fairways and exquisite hole layouts in the dunes just behind the beach make for an unforgettable challenge. Bridport is also a great spot for river or sea fishing, and the Bridport Wildflower Reserve is worth a visit for a spectacular display of colour.
- Just outside Scottsdale is also the world's largest lavender farm, the Bridestowe Lavender Estate. At 260 acres, the sprawl of gently curving lavender rows transform the entire landscape into a stunningly photogenic vista, a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, with tours, boutique gifts, and a cafe offering seasonal meals and great coffee.
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised setting for VMO
- Experience as a Senior/Lead GP highly desirable
More search results
FT/ PT GP | 75% billings | Wallan, VIC
Mediq Wallan Medical Clinic
FT GPs | Brand new medical centre with a focus on…
Brellah - The Health Collaboration
FT GP for busy skin clinic | High patient volume,…
FT/ PT VR GP - Flexible Roster - Harrington Park …
Harrington Park Medical Practice
Great GP Wanted!! Beaumaris Medical Centre seekin…
Beaumaris Medical Centre