Medical Officer | Multiple Part Time and Casual Positions Available | Riverland General Hospital
- SA Health
- Riverland General Hospital Berri, SA
- $405,559 - $476,977, $527,076 - $606,862(pro rata)
- Medical Specialist (Non-GP)
- Per annum, $350k +
- Contract Type
- Permanent, Fixed Contract
- Clinic Type
- Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network: Riverland General Hospital Emergency Department, Berri
- Multiple Part Time and Casual Positions Available - Various Hours
- Total Indicative Remuneration: MDP201 $405,559 - $476,977 pa (pro rata to hours worked); MDP209 $527,076 - $606,862 pa (pro rata to hours worked)
The Salaried Medical Officer will contribute to the provision of high standard clinical services to patients of Riverland General Hospital in the areas of Emergency Care and in other clinical areas as required.
The Riverland General Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in rural South Australia and has been identified as one of the four general hospitals to provide treatment for Country people closer to home. It is committed to maintaining and improving the health and well-being of the people of South Australia.
Riverland General Hospital provides a comprehensive range of high quality and accessible hospital services to the Riverland region. Its contemporary Emergency Department was built in 2014 during the redevelopment of the Riverland General Hospital.
The Riverland General Hospital is located near the Murray River, surrounded by National Parks and nearby Lake Bonney for water sports. It is surrounded by four other towns each with their own hospital. The city of Berri offers a high level of services and facilities for both families and individuals. This includes a vast array of sporting and recreational facilities, sightseeing, Tertiary Education Campuses, Primary and Secondary Schools.
The Riverland region is also renowned for its diversity and multi-cultural communities.
The Medical Officer will:
- Provide medical care to patients in the emergency department and after hours and will provide emergency care to ward based patients.
- Assist the Executive Director of Medical Services in planning and organising the delivery of clinical services and will participate in relevant multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Initiate and support clinical improvement activities.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent, registrable with the Medical board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner with General Registration.
At least two years of postgraduate clinical experience.
Sound examination and diagnostic skills in adult and paediatrics medicine.
Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant immunisation screening.
Suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference as a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and sections 34(2) and 56(2) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA). Job Ref: 739720
Applications close: 13 November 2020
For further information and to apply visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/careers and search for Job Ref: 739720
More search results
VR GP | DPA | Busy, long established medical prac…
Armadale Districts Surgery
FT GP | Busy practice, excellent team | IMGs shou…
FT GP | DPA | High patient volume | Mixed Billing…
General Practitioner | Private billing | Establi…
GPs on Bayview
FT/PT GP | Private Billing | 65% Billings + Incen…