Bicheno | GP/VMO | FT/PT | 70-75% + house + car | Mixed billings, existing patient base | MM6, DPA
- HR Plus
- Bicheno, Tasmania
- 70-75% + house + car
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, Billing %, Includes travel & accommodation
- Contract Type
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Clinic Type
- Mixed Billing
- VR / Non-VR
- VR, Non-VR
- DPA / Non-DPA
Situated in a stunning seaside holiday location, Bicheno Health & Medical Centre is operated by Glamorgan Spring Bay Council, which also operates a practice at Triabunna, to the south.
The two practices work in very successfully with the practice at Swansea (which sits in the middle) to cover the VMO roster at May Shaw Health Centre in Swansea, which operates a range of services, including A&E, aged care and community health facilities. The hospital has 2 acute care beds, 2 high care beds and 50 aged care beds.
Due to the impending departure of one of the two doctors from the Bicheno practice in December 2020, Council is looking for a GP/VMO with current emergency qualifications (preferably vocationally recognised) to join the practice.
Council is flexible as to how this would work and is open to the position being filled by either a full-time or two part-time doctors.
You will work alongside another doctor three days per week, plus the practice hosts University of Tasmania medical students. The practice is supported by a registered nurse three days per week along with a practice manager, receptionist and visiting allied health professionals. The ambulance is located in Bicheno and has a fulltime paramedic supported by local volunteers.
There are two consulting rooms and a well-equipped procedure room. Operating a mixed billing model, the practice is fully computerised using Best Practice and maintains QPA accreditation.
The practice hours are:
- 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday with the doors closed from 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm and appointments are 15 minutes long.
You must have recent emergency experience and be able to work independently. You will be required to work Monday to Friday and participate in the weekend VMO roster (currently 1:4). Weeknight on-call is minimal and is triaged by After Hours Doctors. There are no weekend clinics or nursing home visits at Bicheno, however you will be required to conduct the weekend clinics at Swansea when on call for the weekend.
- General or specialist registration with AHPRA
- Current emergency medicine certificate (ALS2, REST or equivalent)
- Recent emergency experience
- 70% - 75% of billings + house + car PLUS:
- Rural Medical Practitioner payments
- HR+ incentive grant
- Workforce Incentive Program up to $35k pa
- Rural Procedural Grants Program
- HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program
- Reduction in moratorium
- Eligible location for RVTS and ACRRM Independent Pathway
Click Apply now for more information!