FT Deputy Medical Director | Generous salary with bonus package | Broome, WA
- Employment Office
- Broome, WA
- A competitive salary circa $332,595 + benefits
- Medical Specialist (Non-GP)
- Per annum, $200k - $349k, Includes travel & accommodation, Sign-on Bonus, Relocation assistance
- Contract Type
- Are you an experienced Doctor with strong clinical skills, passionate about improving Aboriginal primary healthcare?
- Senior leadership opportunity to join a well-respected Aboriginal community controlled health service in Broome, WA with serious internal growth opportunities!
- Attractive salary package circa $332,595, including allowances!
- People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 5 remote Aboriginal communities across the region and being the lead agency for headspace Broome since 2008.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 34 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services (KAMS) is currently looking for a Deputy Medical Director to join their Senior Leadership team in Broome, WA on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting to the Medical Director, you will be responsible for strengthening and coordinating the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Sector (ACCHS) Model of comprehensive primary healthcare, for KAMS remote clinics. You will do this by performing a range of clinical and non-clinical duties in support of the ACCHS Model of Care.
Your scope of responsibilities will include, but will not be confined to:
- Providing comprehensive primary health care in line with best practice standards;
- Assisting in the development of high quality primary health services, in conjunction with your multidisciplinary team;
- Managing, leading and supporting the education, training and on-site up-skilling of KAMS primary health care employees;
- Optimising Medicare income for reinvestment into sustainable clinical services;
- Leading clinical audit activities within KAMS and other member services;
- Providing clinical primary health care services to KAMS clinics as part of the regular GP roster, as well as emergency assessment and care both during hours and as part of a rostered, on-call support team after-hours; and
- Assisting the Medical Director and attending meetings, events and State conferences where required.
This is an extremely rare opportunity to join an established community controlled health service in a key leadership position.
Not only will you have an opportunity to refine your skills in diverse clinical settings, but you'll also play a crucial role in coordinating service delivery and enacting real change in Aboriginal health, with serious potential for internal career progression.
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package circa $332,595, inclusive of super and an availability and call out payment at 10% of your base salary.
KAMS offers a fantastic work/life balance, with the salary package made up of generous benefits, including:
- Accommodation allowance;
- Electricity subsidy;
- Fully-furnished accommodation for your time spent out in remote clinics;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Professional development/training assistance;
- Annual airfare, available after 12 months of employment; and
- Annual district allowance (for a single person and a dependent partner or child).
For someone with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of Aboriginal health self-determination in remote communities.
With a rich history and extraordinary natural landscape, Broome is synonymous with the turquoise waters, red pindan soil and white sandy beaches that draws visitors from across the globe. You can sail, snorkel, or dive in their pristine waters, spot rare dolphins from their wide empty beaches, or adventure through the nearby ancient gorges to marvel at the vast untouched landscapes that make Broome truly unique.
However, there's a lot more to Broome than just tourism - with strong population growth and significant investment in infrastructure, it's quickly becoming a destination of choice for families and individuals who want to take advantage of the area's welcoming and laid-back lifestyle whilst enjoying all of the amenities and facilities of a modern town.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
Lead remote clinical service delivery as part of a well respected and forward thinking health sector, and enjoy what remote Aboriginal communities have to offer — Apply Now!
More search results
FT/ PT GP for Modern, Mixed Billing | Ipswich CBD…
Bremer Medical Centre
FT / PT | VR GP | General Practitioner | 65% Bill…
PT GP required | Busy centre, friendly team | DPA…
VR GP'S NEEDED! | Seaford (SA) | DPA Location | E…
Australia Health Alliance (AHA) Clinics
FT PT VR GP | State of the art facilities | St. L…
Rockwell Medical Centre Pty Ltd