GPs Wanted | 12-week paid placements | Remote Indigenous communities across Australia.
- Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC)
- GP / General Practitioner
- Contract Hourly Rates, Includes travel & accommodation
- Contract Type
- Locum Contract
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Evening / Weekends
COVID-19 has created a critical workforce shortfall in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. Without immediate and ongoing access to General Practitioners (GP) many Indigenous communities are at greater risk of being affected by the pandemic.
Your skills, knowledge and experience can help the world’s oldest living culture overcome the world’s newest health challenge.
The Australian Government has formally extended the Remote Area Health Corps (RAHC) to provide paid placements for GPs across Australia for the next three months.
The program will now offer urban-based health professionals an opportunity to work in remote health clinics and Aboriginal Community-Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) in all states and territories across Australia for 12-week paid placements. Under the Remote ACCHS Workforce Response (RAWR), travel and accommodation will be provided plus an additional two weeks allowance where self-isolation is required.
To ensure all health professionals feel well prepared and supported for their remote placements, RAHC provides ongoing 24/7 support throughout your placement, cultural orientation, and professional development opportunities through our online eLearning platform.
Experience and qualification:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery or an Australian/overseas equivalent recognised by the Australian Medical Council
- Current unrestricted registration as a GP with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Evidence of Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) or vocational registration
- Evidence of completing previous triennium requirements and active participation in continuing education recognised by the RACGP Quality Assurance and Continuous Professional Development (QA & CPD), ACRRM Professional Development Program (PDP) or another specialist college as applicable
- Additional qualifications or recognition may be required for the provision of specific clinical services, procedures or other interventions
- Details of all past and continuing healthcare related employment, particularly in General Practice as a recognised GP
- Evidence of current professional indemnity insurance as a GP (Level 1)
- Two professional references from GPs who can attest to current and, if appropriate, past clinical experience
- Remote or Indigenous health experience is welcomed but not essential.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact the RAHC Placement Team on 1300 697 242.
To apply for the role, please click here
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background.
Similar searches: New South Wales, Full-Time, GP / General Practitioner, Sydney CBD & Inner Suburbs, Locum Contract, Part-Time, Sydney - East, Evening / Weekends, Sydney - West, Sydney - North, Sydney - South, Bathurst / Orange Region, Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Contract Hourly Rates, Dubbo & Central NSW, Far South Coast / Batemans Bay, Far-North Coast NSW, Goulburn & Southern Highlands, Monaro & Snowy Mountains, New England, Newcastle / Hunter Region, North-West NSW, Includes travel & accommodation, Port Macquarie / Mid-North Coast, Riverina & Lower Darling, Wollongong / Illawarra, Victoria, Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs, Melbourne - North, Melbourne - East, Melbourne - West, Ballarat Region, Geelong Region, Gippsland Region, Goulburn Valley & North-East, Grampians / Central & North-West, Southwest VIC, Queensland, Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs, Brisbane - North, Brisbane - South, Brisbane - West, Cairns & Far-North, Gold Coast, Mt Isa / North & Central-West, Rockhampton / Mackay, South-West QLD, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba / Darling Downs, Townsville, Wide Bay / Maryborough Region, South Australia, Adelaide, Eyre Peninsula, Kangaroo Island, Murray / Darling Basin, Northern & Yorke, Regional North SA, South-East SA, Western Australia, Perth, North-West WA, Pilbara / Kimberley, South and West, Canberra & ACT, Tasmania, Hobart & South, Launceston & North / North-East, Northwest TAS, Northern Territory, Alice Springs & South, Darwin & North, Katherine & Central
More search results
FT/ PT GP for Modern, Mixed Billing | Ipswich CBD…
Bremer Medical Centre
FT / PT | VR GP | General Practitioner | 65% Bill…
PT GP required | Busy centre, friendly team | DPA…
VR GP'S NEEDED! | Seaford (SA) | DPA Location | E…
Australia Health Alliance (AHA) Clinics
FT PT VR GP | State of the art facilities | St. L…
Rockwell Medical Centre Pty Ltd