About the organisation
RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency Victoria) is a non-profit government funded organisation improving healthcare for rural, regional and Aboriginal communities in Victoria
RWAV creates sustainable health workforce models that supports Victoria's rural, regional and Aboriginal communities. They draw upon trusted relationships, smart data and best practice to establish models that are capable, connected and tailored to the communities they service
About the role
RWAV is seeking a Locum GP to primarily undertake short-term locum placements in various regions throughout rural Victoria arrange by Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) to cover leave, professional development and workforce shortages in rural practices and selected health services. The aim of the role is to provide evidence based patent-centred care that addresses health needs of the community and promotes patient wellbeing.
- Fixed term position for 3 to up to 12 months.
- FTE salary of $250,000 - 300,000
- Undertake various locum placements as agreed and specified in Locum Placement Briefs
- Respond to medical needs of presenting patients. This will include examinations, investigations, diagnoses, treatment and referrals where appropriate
- Provide appropriate and adequate patient care at all times
- assess and manage health issues including health screening and health promotion
- Document all care provided, and ensure education and information is given to patients within their health record as per the clinic's procedure
- Take part in VMO and on-call rosters as set and agreed to in Locum Placement Briefs - as applicable
Skills and experience required
- AHPRA Registered General Practitioner
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and / or Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Experience as a Locum GP within general practice and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services across rural and regional areas
- Demonstrated broad range of GP skills. GP procedural skills are desirable, but not essential
- Current Emergency Medicine skills with current certifications
- Have competency in various computer based medical software
- Flexibility to travel throughout Victoria
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, flexible approach with practice staff and patients
- Excellent communication skills across all ages, cultures and social groups
To apply for this position and be considered for an interview, please submit a covering letter addressing the selection criteria above and your CV.
Interviews for the RWAV Employed GP Locum are due to commence 21st October 2019.
Please be aware due to the high volume of applicant we anticipate to apply for this position only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
The application form will include these questions:
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)?
- Do you have fellowship with the Australian College of Remote & Rural Medicine (ACRRM)?