PT VR General Practitioner - TGD Health Initiative - Reservoir (VIC)
- Your Community Health
- Reservoir (Victoria)
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, 0 - $199k
- Contract Type
- Clinic Type
- Mixed Billing
- VR / Non-VR
- Be part of a purpose-driven organisation committed to community development and a social model of health
- Make a meaningful contribution to the health, wellbeing and dignity for people who identify as transgender or gender diverse
Your Community Health is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled VR General Practitioner to join the Medical Services Team. The VR GP will work as part of a unique and exciting new health initiative; the Trans and Gender Diverse (TGD) Health Initiative. This is a part time role working approximately 22.5 hours per week.
Your Community Health provides a comprehensive range of medical, dental and allied health services and support programs to anyone, through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We provide priority access to those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
About the role
The TGD Health Initiative brings together four of Victoria's key health and wellbeing organisations (Your Community Health, Ballarat Community Health Service, Austin Health and Thorne Harbour Health) in a consortium in collaboration with the TGD community, to provide TGD affirmative health services that reflect and serve the needs of the TGD community.
As the VR General Practitioner, your passion and commitment will see you:
- Provide high quality general practice and sexual health medical services for people who identify as TGD including:
- mental health sexual health
- hormone management
- vaccinations and preventative health care; and
- chronic disease management
- Work within the Informed Consent protocol for the Initiation of Hormone Therapy.
- Maintain high clinical standards in keeping with community accepted standards of care.
- Maintain up to date knowledge, standards and practices in trans and sexual health in keeping with the service's focus on these areas.
- Establish rapport with clients and communicate complex information in a form that is understood as to support shared decision making and assist clients to make informed decisions
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Registration with the Medical Board of AHPRA
- Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioner or Royal Australian College of Physicians (Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine).
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of general practice and/or sexual health medical services to the trans and gender diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide medically related information to clients within a model of empowerment and personal development.
- Sensitivity to the issues faced by trans and gender diverse people in accessing health services that support their gender identify and transition goals
What is on offer
You will join a dedicated, caring and talented team, with a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to professional and career development of all our staff, and truly value work-life balance. Staff have access to generous Not for Profit salary packaging benefits, discounted gym memberships and work in a great location, with free car parking, close to shops and cafes.
For further enquiries please contact: Paula Paidi, Practice Manager on Ph. 0455 500 831
Your Community Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.
To apply for this job go to:
http://yourcommunityhealth.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4745144.
Applications must address the selection criteria contained in the position description as part of the Cover Letter.