Vocationally Registered GP Locum - Northern Territory
- PHN Northern Territory
- Northern Territory
- Daily rate
- GP / General Practitioner
- Contract Day Rates, $1,000 - $1,999
- Contract Type
- Locum Contract
- Clinic Type
- Bulk Billing
- VR / Non-VR
- DPA / Non-DPA
The Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN) provides professional support to GPs, practices and health services through a number of programs, one of which is the GP Locum Program. Our Locum Program is seen as one of the most important services in place to support incumbent GPs in rural and remote areas across the Northern Territory. It is primarily run to support resident GP positions annual and study leave, but it also assists clinics that do not have a current resident GP.
Working as a GP locum in the NT is varied, interesting and challenging. The rewards are great and there are opportunities to really make a difference. We currently have diverse Locum opportunities across the following regions,
- East Arnhem Land
- West Arnhem Land
- Central Australia
- Barkley Region
- Top End region
The Locum Program conditions include:
- Payment of $1,100 to $1,500 per day plus GST if registered. This is dependent on the Health Service you complete placement with.
- All travel and accommodation are provided at no cost to locum.
- We organise all travel, assist with provider numbers and any other paperwork required before starting with the health service.
- The minimum placement length is two weeks.
- Potential for bonus and travel allowances.
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible, you will require the following as a minimum to begin registration.
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Must have current non-restricted registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and general practice specialisation is essential.
It is also highly desirable that new GP locums have:
- a minimum of five years’ general practice experience
- previous experience with Aboriginal health
- skills in emergency medicine, trauma and life support
- procedural skills for example obstetrics, anesthetics
If you have not worked as a general practitioner in the NT before, some orientation supports may be provided including Aboriginal cultural awareness training and locally relevant medical resources.
If you are interested in working as a GP locum in the Northern Territory or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact me, Locum Coordinator Lauren Golotta on email: email@example.com or by phone (08) 8982 1011.
VR GP - Large patient base - Harrington Park Medi…
Harrington Park Medical Practice
VR GP | Private billing | Established patient bas…
VR GP | State of the art facility | Mixed Billing…
Grand Pacific Health
FT GP - DPA - High patient volume - Millennium Me…
FT GP - High patient demand, community centred pr…