GP VMO – DWS - Flinders Island (Tasmania) +$350k p.a
- Ochre Health
- Flinders Island, Tasmania
- GP / General Practitioner
- Per annum, $350k +, Includes travel & accommodation
- Contract Type
- Fixed Contract
- Clinic Type
- Mixed Billing
- VR / Non-VR
- DWS / Non-DWS
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural Generalist (GP/VMO) to join our expanding practice on Flinders Island, Tasmania. The successful applicant will work a minimum of 9 sessions in general practice each week and provide on-call services to the hospital.
The practice is the only medical centre on Flinders Island, and there is high demand for permanent doctors. The Medical Centre also runs a satellite AMS clinic on nearby Cape Barren island one day per fortnight.
The new Rural Generalist (GP/VMO) will take over an existing patient base, and can expect to see 25+ patients per day. You will receive on and off-site operational and clinical management support.
Flinders Island is located in the Bass Strait, to the north-east of Tasmania. The largest island in the Furneaux group, Flinders Island boasts a number of great attractions such as the ruggedly striking Strzelecki peaks – these granite peaks afford a stunning view in every direction, and are a must-do for any visitors to the island with an interest in bushwalking or photography.
For the Epicures, Flinders brings a bounty of fresh produce, with the warm water currents that run up the East Coast of Australia providing an endless supply of seafood including crayfish, abalone, and other delicacies. Flinders also has a number of boutique wineries operating on the island, including Unavale Vineyard and Flinders Island Winery.
The thriving town of Whitemark is the main community on the island, and offers a variety of services and amenities including the Flinders Island District High School (kindergarten to grade 10), and a range of clubs and associations, shops and eateries.
- Exceptional earning potential: $350 – 400k a year
- RA5, MMM7 location
- Eligible for RVTS and the ACRRM independent pathway
- Eligible for Procedural Grants, and GPRIP payments
- Car, accommodation, and relocation assistance provided
- Practice is supported by visiting Allied Health, and Registered Nurses to assist with CDM, immunisations and women’s health
- Boost your income by supporting the VMO roster 1:2
- DWS eligible location
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised setting
- Previous experience as a Rural General Practitioner is highly desirable
To apply for this position or to discuss other opportunities with Ochre Health, please contact our national recruitment team on:
GP | DWS IN the Central Coast | 70% Billings | Ta…
Gorniak Family Trust
GP to replace VR GP | 70% & Flexible Hours | Yago…
Southern Cross Professionals
GP required – High percentages - Wollongong Medic…
FT GP Required - High patient demand - Roxburgh P…
VR & NON-VR GP with limited registration | DWS | …